Sunday, October 07, 2012

Stacey Keating

(Photo: Courtesy of Ladies European Tour)

Two in a row for Stacey Keating. The 26-year-old Australian won her second consecutive tournament on the Ladies European Tour, earning the win at the 2012 Lacoste Ladies Open de France. That follows on the heels of Keating's win two weeks at the Ladies Spanish Open.

And those two wins follow Keating's disqualification from the Women's British Open for signing an incorrect scorecard. Nice way to make up for a DQ! Keating told the LET:

"After the disappointment of the British I was really low in confidence, but obviously not now, so I'm very happy. I've been playing well leading up to the British as well so it was just how I was going to handle it mentally as well I guess.

"I had no expectations because I was so disappointed and that hurt me a lot. Nothing on the golf course can hurt me like that now."

Stacey received the trophy from the president of Lacoste, with European Ryder Cup captain Jose Maria Olazabal on hand to lend a hand. And one of Keating's heroes, Lorena Ochoa, was also there to help congratulate her. Ochoa made one of her now-rare playing appearances in the tournament, finishing tied for 22nd.

Read more from the LET

Bookmark and Share